Today is Joyce DiDonato’s 50th birthday – and here are all the reasons why we’re head-over-heels in love with her.
- She’s outspoken – and totally unapologetic about itWatch video on ClassicFM
- She uses her celebrity to do good in the world
- Her voice is ridiculously agile
- She dresses like a rockstar
- Once, she slipped and broke her leg during a performance of The Barber of Seville in Covent Garden – and completed the remainder of the run in a wheelchair.
Proof that Joyce is, in fact, superhuman.
- She gives super-inspiring speeches
- She has awesome hair
LOOK AT IT.
- She was once asked to open the World Series with The Star-Spanged Banner
Do you think she nailed it? (hint: yes)
- She’s awesome at social media
- And she sings Handel like this.
Joyce, you’re the greatest.