ClassicFM: Joyce DiDonato is an absolute goddess and here are all the reasons why
Today is Joyce DiDonato’s 50th birthday – and here are all the reasons why we’re head-over-heels in love with her.
- She’s outspoken – and totally unapologetic about itWatch video on ClassicFM
- She uses her celebrity to do good in the world
This speech will make you realise what’s really important. “The opposite of war is not peace. It’s creation”- @JoyceDiDonato, @ilpdo pic.twitter.com/QJ4mky2HWp
— Dog & Trumpet (@dogandtrumpet) October 30, 2017
- Her voice is ridiculously agile
Can I just say how in awe I am of @JoyceDiDonato and her never ending ability to be so very agile, playful and graceful whenever she performs! ?????#queen #singergoals #sopranoGold #LoveOfVoice pic.twitter.com/ETZCnH1dMv
— Jazmine Johnson (@jzmn132) February 9, 2019
- She dresses like a rockstar
- Once, she slipped and broke her leg during a performance of The Barber of Seville in Covent Garden – and completed the remainder of the run in a wheelchair.
Proof that Joyce is, in fact, superhuman.
- She gives super-inspiring speeches
- She has awesome hair
LOOK AT IT.
- She was once asked to open the World Series with The Star-Spanged Banner
Do you think she nailed it? (hint: yes)
- She’s awesome at social media
About to go LIVE on @KCLiveTV to shout about my upcoming concerts with my beloved @kcsymphony this weekend!!! pic.twitter.com/jDCDVjaOdK
— Joyce DiDonato (@JoyceDiDonato) March 14, 2018
- And she sings Handel like this.
Joyce, you’re the greatest.